Veteran Career Briefing
As our way of supporting military service members and veterans, we’ve created the Quicken Loans Veteran Hiring Program. This covers everything from our veteran recruiting efforts to our award-winning client service, education and VA Loan program.
What Is the Quicken Loans Veteran Hiring Program?
The Veteran Hiring Program provides all the resources you need to transition into a career with Quicken Loans. Regardless of your position on our team, whether you’re educating families on their mortgage options or amazing others with your technology skills, we set you up for success.
Our mission is to create career opportunities for veterans, service members and their families. The talent and discipline you can bring to Quicken Loans is what makes every facet of our company Engineered to Amaze.
Helping Veterans Thrive at Quicken Loans
We know the value our hundreds of veteran team members bring to the Quicken Loans family. That’s why we work hard to provide an environment that helps you reach your full potential. Whether you know exactly what type of role you want to fill, or you’d prefer to see what best suits your skills and experience through our Tour of Duty program, we want you to love working at Quicken Loans.
- Dedicated military recruiters understand how your military background sets you up for success.
- Peer mentors work closely with other veterans to help ease the transition from service life into our fun and unique culture.
- Our work and play environment means you can play ping-pong or foosball and enjoy treadmill workstations, video games, scooters and more.
Who We Are
Quicken Loans is America’s #1 online mortgage lender. We close loans in all 50 states and have been growing for 29 years. We’d love you to join now and help us get to the next level.
We’ve ranked in the top 30 on FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the past 10 years, and we ranked #2 on this list in 2013!
But there’s more to us than you think. We make a difference in the lives of our clients and team members.
By creating new processes, building technology and continually improving everything we do, we create a culture that is ENGINEERED TO AMAZE.
Why You Should Join Quicken Loans
At Quicken Loans, we encourage our team members to be forward thinkers with a diverse set of skills, and to uphold our commitment to educating and helping veterans and their families. We value the skills you have learned through your service.
At Quicken Loans, you can
- Transition into a career. We invest in your personal and professional growth through our Tour of Duty program, mentorship programs, outreach and volunteer opportunities, and continuing education.
- Help fellow veterans. Quicken Loans works with several veteran service organizations, from Wounded Warriors to Paralyzed Veterans of America, to provide support to your fellow service members.
- Enjoy great perks. Enjoy continuous training, fun trips, paid time off to volunteer and one of the most highly competitive benefits packages available. We provide the best to our team members – because they’re the best.
As one of America’s largest VA lenders, we have a responsibility to provide for our veterans
and military community. From planning events to providing donations, we are dedicated to supporting
and honoring those who have served.
Here are some of the things we’ve done to support the veteran community:
– Pat Tillman Foundation’s annual Pat’s Run
– The Inaugural 2011 Quicken Loans Carrier Classic
– Veteran of the Game tributes at Joe Louis Arena
– Fallen and Wounded Soldiers Fund dinner and auction sponsorship
– Ryan Newman’s #39 race car
– Paralyzed Veterans of America Meals on Wheels
– Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP)
– Military Friendly Companies
– Army Partnership for Youth Success (Army PaYS)
- National Veteran Small Business Conference and Expo
– $111,111 to Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society for the 2011 Veterans Day Celebration
– American Red Cross
– Wounded Warriors
– USO Calling Cards for Troops campaign
– Paralyzed Veterans of America annual holiday donation
Invest in Your Career
As a Quicken Loans team member, you’ll make a difference in the lives of the veterans and families we serve. We strive to be your next logical step after the military, and we want to provide all the tools, resources and support you need to manage the transition to civilian work and life.
Hear from some of our veteran team members about working at Quicken Loans.
“Quicken Loans was there for me during multiple overseas deployments, not only financially, but they maintained all my benefits. It is a great feeling to work for a company you can trust to stand behind you.”
– Charles Kniffen, Staff Sergeant, United States Army
“As a veteran, it’s an amazing feeling to work for a company that so strongly acknowledges veterans and their services.”
– Denise Naylor, United States Air Force
“It’s great to know that my military service isn’t only appreciated here at Quicken Loans, it’s respected and honored.”
– Clay Closson, United States Army
“One of the most satisfying aspects of my time in the Air Force was the sense of brotherhood. I never believed that would be replicated outside of the military, but the culture at Quicken Loans definitely changed my mind.”
– Jason Charles, United States Air Force
“Being a part of the team here at Quicken Loans is similar to when I was in the Army because of the relationships you build with the rest of your team. I know I can count on the people around me each and every day.”
– Josh Pomeroy, Sergeant, United States Army
We’re Your Extended Family
John Gardner is a Military/Veteran Recruiter.
Prior to working at Quicken Loans, John spent 24 years of active duty service in
the U.S. Air Force. Additionally, John sits on the Detroit City Council Taskforce on
Military and Veteran Affairs.
“I love being able to mentor veterans after all the years I have served. It’s what I’m trained to do. I have seven years of training in the fast-paced world of military recruiting that helps me fit right in with Quicken Loans as a Veteran Recruiter here.”
We’re Your Extended Family
Justin Mendoza is a Military/Veteran Recruiter
Justin recently transitioned from the United States Air Force to Quicken Loans as a Tour of Duty Associate. He served six years of active duty service as a Human Resources Generalist, providing direct support for Operation Enduring Freedom. Justin is the junior vice commander for Quicken Loans American Legion Post 13 in Detroit, MI. He holds a bachelor of science from Central Michigan University.
“During my time in the United States Air Force, it was my honor to be a part of something bigger than myself and serve my country. Now, at Quicken Loans I have one of the greatest opportunities of my life to once again be a part of something bigger than myself and the great privilege to work with America’s veterans.”
We’re Your Extended Family
Rob Ells is a Military/Veteran Recruiter.
Prior to joining Quicken Loans, Rob served over 22 years of active duty service in the Army serving most recently as commander of the Detroit District, US Army Corps of Engineers. He works closely with veteran organizations in the Detroit area to identify employment opportunities for veterans and their families. Rob holds a bachelor of science from West Point, a masters of engineering management from the University of Missouri and a masters of civil engineering from Virginia Tech.
Why We Hire Veterans
At Quicken Loans, we feel that veterans have a unique and diverse set of skills that can’t
be found outside of service.
We believe that veterans
- Value leadership and teamwork, holding themselves to the highest standards.
- Perform well under pressure and adapt easily to a variety of working conditions.
- Work well with diverse groups of people and offer a wide variety of unique skills.
Many transitioning veterans have found rewarding and successful careers after the military with Quicken Loans. From Human Resources to Information Technology and Mortgage Banking to Operations, we have opportunities in all areas of our business. Most recently, veterans have been hired into and are excelling in the following roles: Mortgage Banking, Human Resources, Client Care Specialist, Information Technology and Tour of Duty Associate.
Check out our careers site and see what’s right for you. We’d love to talk to you about joining the team!
Get started now:
For questions or help with your career search, please contact John Gardner at JohnGardner@QuickenLoans.com, Justin Mendoza at JustinMendoza@QuickenLoans.com, or Rob Ells at RobElls@QuickenLoans.com, or check out our current openings and start your new career today!